Tips Kewangan Houseman - Langkah Pertama.

BismiLLAHirrahmanirrahim.

Assalamualaikum w.b.t.

I had been planning to write about this for a long time but I am just so lazy XD

But last few days I had contacted a friend of mine who is currently in the same position (housewife to a houseman) about financial things and because we were communicating through text, it was hard for me to explain the details of every step.

I could only gave her outline but it really made me uncomfortable not having the chance to explain the details.

So here we go~

First of all I would like to introduce myself and warning - this post is in two languages (English and Malay).

I am currently a housewife and self-employed financial planner to my husband who just finished his housemanship, alhamduLILLAH.

So I have a clear idea and two whole years of experience in managing a houseman salary. The tips that I share most suitable to singles/couples without kids.

Next, let us move on to the pay check.

How much will you earn as a houseman?

Secara asasnya, gaji penjawat am akan terbahagi kepada:
1. Gaji pokok
2. Elaun bulanan
3. Bonus tahunan (bergantung kepada kerajaan)

Dan gaji tersebut akan dibahagikan kepada:
1. Pendapatan bercukai
2. Pendapatan carum KWSP

Potongan wajib dari slip gaji:
1. KWSP Pekerja
2. PERKESO Pekerja

So how much is it exactly?

1. Gaji pokok minimum UD41 = RM2,947.00
2. Imbuhan tetap khidmat awam = RM300.00
3. Imbuhan tetap perumahan = RM300.00
4. Perkhidmatan Kritikal = RM750.00
5. Elaun Waktu Bekerja Fleksi = RM600.00
6. Elaun Wilayah ** bergantung kepada negeri lahir vs negeri berkhidmat

So everything might total up to RM5000+ but after KWSP and PERKESO, it will become RM5000.

What should you do first?

Some people use percentage, for example, saving 10% of your salary, spend 50% on commitment etc. For me, I use exact amount of RM I want the money to go. Because as far as I had observed, sometime the total salary actually change.

These are the two things I made sure my husband did:

1. To make a constant credit from his account to his mothers' account.

My husband is the youngest of eight, raised by a single mother while all of her children are still in school. This is of course the first priority for my husband.

He set the amount, date and fix it for 2 years auto credit (maximum for his bank).

For our situation, with all of my husbands' siblings are working and financially supporting their mother, my husband decided to set the amount to RM300. This is where some of us will spend more because you might be the first sibling out of many or you still have both parent financially depending on you. So set the amount you want to give monthly, plus, set the amount you are able to spend when you go out with them (shopping etc).

Balance: RM5000-RM300 = RM4700.

Other example:
- father RM200
- mother RM200
- monthly outing RM200
= RM600.

2. Life insurance.

Once I read a post where someone wrote that one does not need life insurance, one just need a medical insurance (medical card). This is where I have a different point of view.

The reason I made sure my husband has a life insurance first was that he is the main provider in our household and he has study loan (RM160,000).

Being a partner, you have to know at least the big things in your partner's life.

I know and read the contract of his study loan with JPA and now he is shifting from loan to a work contract, I read that too.

When a contract does not specify that the guarantor will not have to pay the loan if the borrower is deceased, you have to have precautions.

My husband guarantor are his mother and sister, I definitely do not want to burden them therefore I made sure my husband applied for a life insurance with a suitable coverage for his study loan.

For medical insurance/card, for the time being I would say there is government facilities even though it does not cover everything but the fees are heavily subsidized.

But if you do not have a study loan, you still can apply for life insurance and add your spouse/ family member name as a beneficiary if you are the main household provider. If not, it might be better for you to opt for medical insurance/card instead :)

Balance: RM4700-RM150 = RM4550.

*****
These are the first two, important steps that were/still are the top of the list in our monthly budget.

In shaa ALLAH I will post part two soon :D



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Majmu' Syarif.

Tips Kewangan Houseman - Langkah Kedua.